Friday, January 19, 2007

Pho Hoa

I first had pho when I visited Melbourne about 10 years ago. A hot steaming bowl of delicious pho was always the perfect answer to a cold wintry day... Since then, many pho places have opened up (and closed down) in Singapore, but not many have come close to the pho I had in Melbourne - except Pho 31 at Killiney Road, but that has closed down and I've since been looking for a good replacement...

Totally forgot about this place until recently and remembered that the last time I was here the pho wasn't too bad so I decided to eat here when I had a pho craving recently...

I had the Pho with Steak and Meat Balls -


You can't quite see it, but yes, there are slices of beef steak in there... A hearty bowl of noodles with pretty tasty soup. Not a bad option when I can’t exactly fly all the way to Melbourne for pho :)

The spring rolls here are really good too. Didn’t have them this time as I wasn’t that hungry and the spring rolls are huge - definitely get them to share... damn, now I really feel like having spring rolls! :P


Pho Hoa
18 Lorong Mambong
Holland Village
Tel: 6467 3662
www.phohoa.com

No comments: