Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Blog is 1 Year Old Today!

I initially had all these elaborate plans to celebrate one full year of my blog's existence - including taking up a suggestion to eat at good food places for 24 hours non-stop - but due to lack of planning, today is just going to pass as a normal (eating) day :)

But I cannot let the day pass without saying a few 'Thank You's -

To Joe : Thanks for coming up with the url - I know I can always count on you to come up with, erm, creative suggestions. Hmm, come to think of it, I haven't actually had a kick-ass Char Hei Mee yet... Thanks also for being so nurturing and helping me to get this blog on its feet :)

To all my makan kakis (and you all know who you are) : Thank you for going with me to sometimes far-flung, sometimes obscure, sometimes weird, sometimes overrated places... Thank you for bearing with me the 15 seconds before we eat while I take a picture of the food... Thank you for all your suggestions on how to make the picture better... and I'm looking forward to more exciting makan adventures in the year to come.

To all my regular readers (yes, even those of you who just read and never leave any comments) : Thank you for your support! Very encouraging to know that some of you read my blog nearly everyday and it puts (welcomed) pressure on me to keep you guys constantly entertained.

Here's to another year full of good food :)

5 comments:

Joe Yap said...

Awww.. Thanks for the mention! Although in retrospect, I think we should've 'upclassed' your blogname a bit. You don't seem to be eating a lot of hawker-ish type stuff.

Maybe when we move and upgrade your blog eh ;) Congrats on making it this far !

Keep up the good work ! And PLEASE eat a good plate of cholestrol-laden char hei mee for me.. *sigh* you lucky lucky people back home.. {wipes away slobber/drool}

Sher said...

from a silent regular reader who never leaves comments, i get my vicarious taste of home via your posts! won't be long b4 i get to eat it for myself! and boy, u do eat a lot.

Dr Leslie said...

Congrats on one year of blogging!

Esther said...

Thanks for all the good wishes!

Joe - Yes yes, it has been brought to my attention that I haven't been eating enough hawker food. Will try to see if I can turn that around... hmm, now I'm craving charheimee...

Shimian - Just 42 days to you being able to eat local food too (yup, I'm also a silent regular reader of your blog!). Hope you keep reading my blog even after you get back :)

ieat - Thanks to your wonderful blog, I have a constant supply of new places to try. I aspire to be able to eat and blog as much as you :)

Unknown said...

congrats! to the past 1 year of eating and blogging and many more!