Friday, May 25, 2007

Imperial Treasure La Mian Xiao Long Bao

Realised I've never been here before, so decided to give it a try one Sunday afternoon... Was quite surprised to see that there was no queue at all, compared to the hordes waiting outside any Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao outlets... but then there weren't queues outside *any* of the restaurants in Marina Square.

To make a fair comparison with Crystal Jade, of course I had to order all the same dishes - La Mian with Pork Rib $7.00+++ :


and Xiao Long Bao $3.60+++ :


Frankly, to my amateur tastebuds, the dishes tasted nearly exactly the same as that those at Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao. Not really a bad thing though - that meant that the Xiao Long Bao had skins of just the right thickness and flavourful soup that spills out when you take a bite out of it, the pork ribs were tasty and the noodles were perfectly al dente.

One of my favourite desserts that I seldom get to order (Tang Yuan in Ginger Soup always wins) is Red Bean Pan Cake $6.00+++ :


I'm not a big fan of red bean but this is an exception. I used to eat red bean pancake all the time, but seldom have it nowadays so this was a rare treat :)

And how can I not have the Tang Yuan in Ginger Soup $3.00+++ :


The Ginger Soup here was seriously "spicy" but that's how Ginger Soup should be - loved it! I was told the one at the Imperial Treasure Cantonese Restaurant is even better...

The food is as good as Crystal Jade, service was also prompt - perfect for when you want this kind of food but can't be bothered to battle the masses at Crystal Jade.


Imperial Treasure La Mian Xiao Long Bao
6 Raffles Boulevard
#02-138J Marina Square
S039594

No comments: