Monday, October 16, 2006

Ivins

I know some people have been coming here for yonks but I've only discovered this place the last few years. It's now one of my favourite places to go for good no-frills Peranakan food...

For me, the must-have dish here is the Beef Rendang $4.50. It looks a little empty because I took a piece of beef out before remembering to take a photo... I love love love the gravy here - the claypot is pretty much empty after I'm done with it :)




The Tempra Promfret was decent. A pretty small fish but then it only costs 8 bucks...




This is another one of those "Things that Esther has for some reason never tried" - Ayam Buah Keluak $5.90. The buah keluak just does not look or sound like the most appetizing thing so I've never had the urge to try it. For some reason, I expected it to be spicy. It wasn't bad or anything, but I'm in no hurry to try it again...


Also had the Honey Pork $4.50 - the pieces of pork were way too small and were too tough to be considered tasy. Definitely not ordering this next time... Don't understand why this is one of their signature dishes...




... and Tauhu Goreng $3.20. Lots of peanut sauce, not much tauhu - makes me want to go have the Tauhu Goreng at Rice Table.



Don't forget to ask for the sambal belachan - it's really good, I had two whole saucers of it. Definitely coming back again soon... I forgot how much I love the Beef Rendang here :)


Ivins
207 Upper Thomson Road
S574346
Tel : 6254 1877

No comments: