Monday, October 09, 2006

BLooiE's Roadhouse Restaurant & Pub

Decided to venture into the East for dinner - I've been told by more than one person that there's a restaurant deep inside Jalan Tua Kong but the place just seemed too residential to me. So to satisfy my curiousity, I had to see if this place really existed...

After driving past a few roads of nothing but houses, lo and behold a row of shophouses appears and we see the restaurant tucked away next to a car repair workshop. What a bizarre location!

Very chill-out atmosphere decorated with tiki torches... as you can imagine, with just tiki torches, the lighting's pretty bad for photography so let me pre-empt the strain on your eyes by apologising first... Sorry! :)

A burger just seemed like the right thing to have here so I ordered a Sloppy Chilli Burger $15++.


It's so totally smothered in chilli that you can't see how thick the patty is... well, it was about an inch thick. And I love chilli - the kind they put on hot dogs? Meat, meat and more meat - Dr Atkins will be pleased! So was I :)

The Shredded Pork Sandwich $17.80++ had lots of meat in it too. It's supposed to be Jim Beam flavoured but I ain't tasting no alcohol here...


But still good... enough meat to make any meat lover happy. Yes, us carnivores ate up all the meat and abandoned most of the bread :)

Food is delicious and reasonably priced and it's a great place to chill out and have a few drinks.


BLooiE's Roadhouse Restaurant & Pub
49 Jalan Tua Kong
S457249
Tel : 6442 0030
www.blooies.com

2 comments:

Burpette said...

BTW, there's another Blooie's branch nearer to your home at Science Park. The owner Sarge is a Harley rider :)

Burpette said...

BTW, there's another Blooie's branch nearer to your home at Science Park. The owner Sarge is a Harley rider :)

I logged in sala in the above comment but it appeared anyway under a different name!!! Oops!!