Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Jang Shou Korean Charcoal BBQ

The Korean obsession continues!

I mentioned in a previous post that my friends and I are currently obsessed about all things Korean - so when MP & I were meeting the others for drinks at the Esplanade, we decide to take the opportunity to try out the Korean restaurant here.

Of course I was super excited when the waiter started serving all the side dishes -

Like all Korean BBQ restaurants, the side dishes are "free-flow" as in you can order as much as you want... which I think is something they have factored into the price of the rest of the dishes...

The side dishes here were not that great - I much prefer the ones at Ju Shin Jung. Always want to order more but normally end up being too full after eating everything else we ordered.

For the meats, we had the Grilled Brisket Meat $28++ -


And a Pork dish $22++ (sorry can't remember the exact name) -


The brisket was really good, the pork was just so-so. I realised that Korean BBQ tends to be pretty expensive - I end up spending at least $30 per person each time. Which is about the same as a Japanese buffet - but for that you get lots more food...

Apparently they brought Rain here for a late dinner when he was in town recently... well, if it's good enough for Rain, it's good enough for me ;)

By the way, this is the 100th post on my blog!!


Jang Shou Korean Charcoal BBQ
#01-13A/B
Esplanade Mall
Tel: 6337 8880

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations on your 100th post, and it's great that it's on a korean restaurant!

been meaning to try this because I heard that rain was here (that's the same photo that is on the complimentary fan they gave out at his concert!) but haven't had the chance to yet.

tried maru @mhm sultan the other day. pretty good, but it's expensive!

Esther said...

didn't plan it at all - and managed to squeeze in a photo of rain too ;)

next korean place to go to will either be the charcoal bbq at dempsey road, or back to auntie kim's again...

Unknown said...

i've been to the dempsey rd place - it's called chang. don't know why but seem to be frequenting these korean BBQ places alot. the place is quite nice but the meat is so-so only. Maru is better. Oh and the soondubu at Maru is not too bad - only thing is the portion is tiny.