Monday, October 22, 2007

Marmalade Pantry (Hitachi Tower)

I've never actually had a proper meal at Marmalade Pantry, just brunch and desserts... so was quite pleased to finally get a chance to try the food here.

One of the most popular dishes here is the Linguini with Crabmeat Tomato Chilli & Pinenuts (all six people at the next table ordered it) but I decided to buck the trend and ordered the Ultimate Beef Burger $19.00+++ instead :


The burger was not as juicy as I would have liked it but the fries were yummy, the other gals just could not stop picking them off my plate :)

Of course, someone at our table also had to order the Linguini with Crabmeat Tomato Chilli & Pinenuts $19.00+++, so I managed to sneak a try -


It was ok, I guess... don't really see why it's so popular. Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm having a carb craving...

The Sticky Date Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream $10.00+++ was not too bad -


but I think the one at Brown Sugar Bistro Café is still the best I've had.

Service was pretty attentive but the place tends to get a bit noisy during lunchtime. A welcomed alternative lunch venue for the people working down at Raffles Place.


Marmalade Pantry
16 Collyer Quay
Unit 01-04 Hitachi Tower
Singapore 049318
Tel : 6438 5015

No comments: