Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mango Onde Onde from Hui Lau San

On a recent trip to Hong Kong, I discovered what I have since renamed Mango Onde Onde. Hui Lau San is a mango dessert place that I go to at least once every day when I'm in Hong Kong. Victor recommended that we try this new creation, and I have to admit I was really hesistant about it...


but it is heavenly.

I'm a huge mango fan, and I love onde onde (anything the same consistency as tangyuan, remember? :) so I totally fell in love with this. The filling is fresh mango puree and the kueh itself is also mango flavoured. I'm so going to have an insane amount of it the next time I'm in Hong Kong...

Thanks Jovie, for bringing this box back for me! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG..this sounds like an amazing concoction - mango and onde onde - 2 of my favourite things! i must have this next time i'm in HK (which is maybe in a couple years time?!)