Friday, October 05, 2007

Food For Thought

Yet another place that I read on ieatishootipost that I just had to check out... so arranged to meet S here for dinner one evening.

It's easy to miss this place if you're not looking out for it... and it's tiny, can fit all of maybe 20 plus people, but the size does add to the cosiness of the place.

We figured the Sampler Platter for two was the best option. For $19.90, you get 3 sandwiches, 2 soups and 1 salad.

For the salad, we went with the Chinese Chicken Caesar -


which we both loved! All the little details make this caesar salad one of the best I've ever had - the crispy anchovies, hard boiled eggs with soft yolks, the little slivers of deep fried garlic which imparts a delicate taste to the salad... and the sesame ginger soya sauce dressing puts the ultimate final touch to this yummy salad. Oh, and there was chicken and some greens too! :)

So we're supposed to get two soups but I only remember having one... maybe they ran out of the other soup we wanted? In any case we had this Pumpkin soup (at least I think it was pumpkin) -


Huge portion even for two persons... but the soup itself, I didn't like all that much.

For the sandwiches, we went with Chorizo Sausages (left), Slow Roasted Pulled Pork (top right) and Roast Beef (bottom right) -


I love how the sandwich is deconstructed... I normally eat my sandwiches that way anyway :) I was expecting to be wowed by the fillings, but while they were pretty good, they were not memorable.

Their philosophy on dessert is to source from cottage industries in the community, which means it's all homemade goodies! We were totally spoiled for choice and got a sugar rush from just looking at the array of desserts... we eventually settled on these two : Nutella Cupcake and some form of Rocky Road -


The (huge) amount of sugar made the small portions just right :)

We felt really comfortable despite it being our first time there... there was just such a welcoming and warm atmosphere here. And with the reasonable prices and good food, this is surely a place to revisit over and over again.


Food for Thought
420 North Bridge Road
North Bridge Centre #01-06
Singapore 188727
Tel : 6338 8724
www.foodforthought.com.sg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a great place for cheap good cosy food, plus the service is enthusiastic AND they serve beers too, which i managed to finish their stock of heineken last night. definite must-go-back-there-again place.

resigned said...

Hi Esther.
Couldn't find your email, but I really wanted to thank you for your HK trip parts 1-4. I followed your directions and went to the same places. It was lovely.
Am still in HK. Will be here till tomorrow. I'm gonna set up a blog detailing my trip.
Pls email me at resigned@gmail.com and I'll send you the link once I'm done.