Monday, April 30, 2007

Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe

It was one of those days when I was craving peanut butter toast that I made my friends come here for dessert / supper :)

I'm a big mango fan so could not resist ordering the Mango Snow Ice $6.90++ -


This dessert had all my favourite things - mango, ice cream and shaved ice... but it's a Herculean task to finish it by youself so definitely order to share.

Of course I had to order Peanut Butter Toast $3.90++ -


It was pretty good - had a fair amount of peanut butter and the bread was soft and fluffy. HK Kim Gary is still cheaper though...

We noticed the other table having a fried bun thing and after scouring the menu, ordered what sounded closest to what they had : Deep Fried Custard Bun $2.50++ -


Not quite we expected coz when it said custard, we thought it would be the kind of custard that's more, erm, wobbly. It was a pretty solid consistency, but went quite well with the deep fried bun.

The decor was a bit too glaring and the place just a bit too noisy for me - crap, is that a sign that I'm getting old or what?? But it's a great alternative when you're craving cha chan teng (hongkong-style cafe) food in the middle of the night (it's open 24 hours on weekends). Will probably come back to try more of their extensive menu...


Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe
8 Grange Road
#02-11 Cineleisure Orchard
Tel : 6235 6480

No comments: