Thursday, March 01, 2007

HK Kim Gary Restaurant

Was craving peanut butter toast and read some pretty good reviews of this place so I decided to check it out. This is my sixth post on eating places in Vivocity :)

I nearly always order anything that's spicy so the Hot and Spicy Noodles with Wanton $6.90+ was a total shoo-in for my choice of a main course -


It looks really spicy but it was quite bearable - well, for me at least... and it's a humungous bowl, even I could not finish it.

The other thing that's always a must-try at HongKong-style cafes is baked rice so we ordered Baked Rice with Chicken Chop in Twin Sauce $8.90+ -


The twin sauces on the baked rice are spaghetti sauce and cream sauce. Looks kinda gross but for me, anything that has that much cheese in it is sure to taste good :)

And since it was the main reason why I came here, of course I had to have the Condensed Milk with Peanut Butter Toast $1.80+ -


Still not as much peanut butter as I would have liked but probably one of the better ones you can find in Singapore. And at $1.80+, it's super cheap! Despite the fact that I already had a bowl of noodles, I still managed to eat quite a lot of the toast, to the amazement of the strangers sitting at the next table (I swear they were watching me eat!).


HK Kim Gary Restaurant
1 Harbourfront Walk
#02-128 Vivocity
Tel : 6376 8183

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Woman, that places serves up super strange combinations of food, lah. There's SWISS CHEESE with soupy, curry gravy-esque rice dishes ... served in bamboo steamers ... too weird for me!!!