Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Din Tai Fung

Two main reasons why I've never been to Din Tai Fung all this time -
(1) There's always a queue
(2) I read somewhere that they don't allow photography of their food

I finally had the chance to eat here recently - there wasn't much of a queue and thanks to Daphne being very obviously pregnant, we also didn't have to wait very long for a table :)

We weren't terribly hungry so ordered a few dishes to share...

Of course we had to order the Xiao Long Bao $8.50++ :


The Xiao Long Bao was quite good - thin skin, tasty meat and soup. I will be hard pressed to say if it's better than the one at Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao... well, unless I had the two different Xiao Long Baos in front of me to try at the same time...

We also had the Pork Chop Fried Rice $8.50++ :


The Pork Chop was yummy and went perfectly with the Egg Fried Rice.

And again I have to rave about how amazing plain old veggies taste in chinese restaurants. Erm, and also again I have to admit I have no idea what this veggie is... I think it's spinach. Some help, Ms Toh??


Oh, I'm not sure if they still have the "no photography" rule, but we were sitting in a corner so I was taking photos very surreptitiously ;)


Din Tai Fung
252 North Bridge Road
#B1-08 Raffles City
Tel : 6336 6369

No comments: