Monday, September 04, 2006

Causeway Bay Cafe

Noticed this place on my way to Mario Kitchen a few weeks ago... and then I saw a mention of it in 8days as being opened by the owners of Thye Hong (my fav Hokkien Mee stall at Gluttons Bay and Food Republic)... and was going to be in the Bugis area for some shopping... so decided to check out this place.

One of my must-eat dishes when I'm in Hong Kong is Beef Brisket Noodles. I always go back to this dodgy, alley-way stall in Mongkok for the yummiest Beef Brisket Noodles and Wanton Mee. What I love about Hong Kong-style noodles is the tougher, springier(?) texture... so I was quite disappointed when the noodles in the Beef Brisket Noodles ($6.50) at this place was so over-cooked that it became really soft. The beef was tender enough though, and the soup just barely decent...

I didn't taste the Seafood Baked Rice ($8) but seeing how the person eating it didn't have any comments I'll assume it's nothing to scream about either...

The Deep Fried Squid ($8) was ok but I thought the portion of squid was a bit small for that price... and they tried to disguise the small portion with potato wedges!



So my conclusion is, most of the places along Liang Seah Street are mostly Uni students hang-outs - i.e. places that sell cheap food of low quality. Hmm, will likely avoid eating around this area except for the tong shui places... Still craving for some good cha chan tang food though...

Causeway Bay Cafe
32 Liang Seah St
Tel : 6338 4148

No comments: