Friday, June 02, 2006

Samy's Curry

A meal at Samy's Curry always means that I end up being so full that I actually can't even IMAGINE eating my next meal...

It's hard not to over-order when you're at Samy's Curry, especially when you're starving and the waiter keeps bringing dishes of yummy yummy food... but I've figured out my favourite dishes and how much I can actually eat, so I always tell the waiter very firmly to just bring me the chicken tikka, fried mutton and fish cutlet. Together with rice, portions of vegetables, plenty of papadums... And a big glass of lime juice to hose down the burning taste buds. All for just $12! :D

All that delicious and spicy food always puts me in a food coma for a good half an hour - being in a total daze, feeling light-headed etc. It's really quite funny because there's normally a few people around looking the same way too... nobody eats and runs here. You eat, sit there in food coma after your meal, eventually find some way to peel yourself off the chair and in a fog, trudge down the suddenly treacherous steps to the car park...

I've been making a conscious effort to order different dishes nowadays... I'm way too predictable when it comes to food. I once had a waiter in Olio Dome ask me why I wasn't ordering my usual pasta! Embarrassing! But also kinda creepy that he was keeping track of what I normally order...

Anyway, in the spirit of change, I ordered the chicken masala instead of my usual chicken tikka. Yummy too, but my gripe about chicken masala is that there's never enough "gravy" to eat the chicken with and the spicy flavour doesn't quite permeate the whole piece of chicken.

And yes, I'm still trying to remember to bring a camera out with me so I can take pictures of the food to post on this blog...

1 comment:

Joe Yap said...

Oooh.. olio dome guy sounds like a stalker.. Well, that might be a good thing.. Is he cute ? ;) Hahahha

I get a tummy ache just thinking about samy's curry. I think they'd do well to offer eno-based desserts. Eno mousse, eno lassi, eno spider...