After all the craziness of my sister's wedding, I really needed a short holiday. Didn't manage to make it out of the country, but this weekend came pretty damn close to being a holiday.
A weekend of good and cheap food, chilling out in front of the TV watching "Will and Grace" on DVD, catching up with friends and Formula 1... Just perfect!
Before I start raving about food, I just wanted to declare once and for all that I'm NOT anorexic. Someone looked as my sister's wedding photos and commented that my sis and I look anorexic. Er, excuse me... but have you seen how much I eat?!?
Anyway, here's what I had to eat this weekend (sorry, Joe! This is really going to make you miss Singapore food :)
* Fried Hokkien Mee $3.80 and Poh Piah $2 on Friday nite - just from a generic food court but still yummy :P
* Wanton Mee $2.50 and Soya Bean $0.40 for Saturday lunch - from my favourite wanton mee stall at AMK Ave 9
* Chicken Murtabak $6 and Ice Milo at Jalan Kayu for Saturday dinner - the murtabak (as usual) was so huge that I could only eat 2/3 of it... which is a pretty mean feat if I do say so myself!
* Hotcakes and Sausage Meal $5.80 - every once in a while, I just HAVE to have McDonald's breakfast :)
* Mee Goreng $6 - chinese tze char style, even better than the Indian Mee Goreng if you ask me. This was shared - $6 is a HUGE portion. And it was eaten at a non-meal time of 3pm.
* Texas BBQ Ruffles and Coke - at a friend's house while watching "Guns n Roses - Use Your Illusion Tour" DVD. Erm, I think I ate the most chips out of everyone there... oops :P
Oh man, I think I just made myself hungry!
I also got to watch Season 7 of Will and Grace - one of the few shows that actually makes me laugh out loud. The jokes come flying at you so fast that I have to rewind it every once in a while because I missed a joke. One of the comedians at Camp Comedy had a stage persona that was exactly like Jack... erm, which I'm planning to write a review of but haven't got down to it yet :P Go watch it if you can get hold of it (it's not available in Singapore) and sorry but I can't lend you the copy I'm watching because I borrowed it from a friend!
And to end off the weekend, there was Formula 1 race in Monte Carlo! Alonso did a fantastic job of maintaining his lead the whole way thru the race... but Schumi also performed amazingly by climbing from last place to 5th.
All in all a perfect weekend. Hmm... but a short holiday would still be nice :)