Wednesday, June 07, 2006

On a serious note...

I normally read the newspapers everyday... but for some reason, I didn't read the papers last Friday. Because I missed the article in Friday's papers, and the obituaries, it took me two days to find out the news that a girl I knew from the national women's rugby team had passed away in a road accident on Thursday.

I didn't know Jane well, but had met her many times at various rugby events. I remember her as being very out-going and friendly. When I heard the news, the image of her that came to mind was one of her laughing and smiling. That is how I know many will remember her.

It's times like this that I am reminded how extremely fragile life is... that it could all be gone in a heartbeat. Here's the preachy bit - we should all remember to live life to its fullest, live every day like it's our last, appreciate the people around us, and be thankful for those who love us.

No comments: