Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee

During my blog anniversary, I was reminded by Joe that I haven't had much Hokkien Mee, considering that my blog was named after it... so I decided to order it when S and I had dinner at Tiong Bahru Market.

I love cheap hawker food - a huge plate for just $4.00!


My Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for eating Hokkien Mee is to mix it all up with the chilli and lots of lime so it looks nothing like this when I'm done... Yes, I do love my Hokkien Mee :)

This one was not too bad - moist enough without being too watery, chilli had a kick to it, and enough liao (ingredients) to keep me happy. It never fails to amaze me how much work goes into frying Hokkien Mee every time I see a hawker cook it...


Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee
30 Seng Poh Road #02-01
Tiong Bahru Market & Food Centre
S168898

No comments: