Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Gourmet Plus

Was looking for a place to have brunch in the East and decided to try out the stretch of eating places along Frankel Avenue... Cedele is tiny here and we couldn't get a seat so ended up trying this place which is right next door.

Not a terribly extensive brunch menu so I ended up ordering the pancakes which was around $10... and this is what came :


Just two pancakes, maple syrup and absolutely nothing else... not even a small wedge of strawberry. They were relatively fluffy pancakes, but 10 bucks just seems like too much to pay for two pancakes and nothing else. The very next day, I had homemade blueberry pancakes (ok, so it was really pancake mix) and they were delish!

K had the Scrambled Eggs with Salmon -


Isn't that a cute plate??

The food here just seemed a bit on the expensive side, especially considering the location and the fact that the food is really nothing to get excited about. Hmm, unlikely to come back here unless I'm stuck along Frankel Avenue and every other place is totally packed.


Gourmet Plus
117 Frankel Avenue
Frankel Estate
Tel: 6441 1120
Singapore 458232

2 comments:

Melissa Lim said...

I have to say that I totally agree with you about Gourmet Plus. In fact, my last experience with them was completely appalling.

I ordered a mushroom-based pasta dish then, and when the dish came, there was not a single mushroom in sight. I asked the waitress (who was rude as hell too) to bring it back to the kitchen to enquire if there was an error. She brought it back... and told me, oh, the mushrooms are "mixed into the sauce", and that is why you don't see them. I tasted a wee bit of it - there wasn't a hint of mushroom in that sauce. And they had the gall to want to charge me for it, after plain lying to me.

My partner also had a lacklustre shellfish-based pasta dish.

You can bet your bottom dollar that I will not be back there ever again.

Esther said...

Hi Melissa, Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Good to know that my bad experience was not a one-off thing. Actually I also forgot to mention how incredibly slow the waiter was in doing absolutely everthing...

Definitely a place to avoid :)