Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Marmalade Pantry

Haven't been here in a really long time... the last time I came, their Sunday brunch was so popular that it was pretty much impossible to get a table unless you had reservations. We decided to go there on a whim so turned up without reservations, but the place (while crowded) was not as packed as it used to be.

I was planning on only having their yummy Nutella Cupcake... but I looked at the All-Day Brunch menu and everything looked so good that I caved and decided to order real food as well.

I love sausages, bacon, ham and the such, so I often end up ordering the usual breakfast dish - scrambled eggs and sausages. In the spirit of trying new things, I wanted to order the French Toast with Carmelised Apples, Fig and Honey Ice Cream - doesn't it sound gorgeously delicious??? My mouth is already watering just thinking of it again! Unfortunately, it was sold out :(

So I ended up having my usual...


This is listed in the All-Day Brunch Menu as Eggs any style with your choice of Sausage or Ham or Bacon & Baked Beans or Sauteed Field Mushrooms or Hash Brown or Chips $15+++. As is obvious from the photo, I ordered Scrambled Eggs with Sausage and Sauteed Field Mushrooms. I must have been hungrier than I thought coz I managed to finish the whole thing :P

But full as I was, I HAD to have the Nutella Cupcake. So...


Major sugar rush!!! Nutella Cupcake with Nutella frosting $3.50+++ - which if you ask me, is so much more worth it than the Chocolate Fudge Cake that I had at Aerin's. Anyone who loves Nutella has to give this a try... it is sooooooo good.

We also ordered a slice of the Oreo Cheesecake $7.50+++ and as you can tell, we were too anxious to try it out and took the photo a tad bit too late :P

It's also really fun to people-watch here... the many mirrors they have make it extremely conducive to people-watching - you can check people out without ever having to turn your head :) And there is quite a lot to see here...

Nice place to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. Hope to come back again soon to have the Nutella Cupcake again!

The Marmalade Pantry
390 Orchard Road
Palais Renaissance
B1-08 to 11
Tel : 6734 2700
www.themarmaladepantry.com

2 comments:

Joe Yap said...

Had to ask. Where's the marmalade ?!

Karen M said...

Amen on the people watching bit!