Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Crystal Jade Kitchen

I love Dim Sum, especially Siew Mai... I could eat Siew Mai everyday and never get sick of it :D I order Siew Mai from the coffeeshop outside my office so often that the guy sees me approaching and immediately starts preparing it without me having to say a word...

The last Crystal Jade Kitchen I went to was the one at the basement of Ngee Ann City - the food was crappy... and that was after waiting half an hour for a table! Never going back to that branch again - the quality is definitely affected by the quantity that they churn out.

The branch at Shaw Centre is pretty safe - I've never had to wait too long for a seat and the food is usually up to Crystal Jade standards.

Of course I have to order Siew Mai :) I prefer the type that is made using huge chunks of meat as opposed to the minced meat kind but this one is pretty good anyway...




The Pan-fried Carrot Cake here is really yummy... especially when it's fried till the edges are crispy. They sell it at the Crystal Jade Cakery too but it just does not taste the same.




The other thing I love is Deep Fried Beancurd with Prawn... erm, it's more like minced prawn meat. It's another really popular dish at Crystal Jade - more than once, it was sold out when I wanted to order it!


I was craving Red Bean Pancake but they only have it at Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao - so I was pretty excited to see what I thought was Red Bean Pancake on the Dim Sum menu... unfortunately it turned out to be this instead. It's like a glutinous ball with sesame seeds around it and it's filled with red bean paste. It wasn't bad, just wasn't what I was expecting...



And the best thing to have with Dim Sum - a bowl of Cantonese-style porridge... light, healthy and tasty too! I used to have Meatball Congee at the Noodle House (or was it Noodle Garden?) at the basement of Centrepoint when I was young and still order the same thing when I'm at Crystal Jade Kitchen...

All this talking about Dim Sum is making me crave it again! :D

Crystal Jade Kitchen
1 Scotts Road
#04-00 Shaw Centre
S228208
Tel : 6738 0733

No comments: