Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seng Kee Black Chicken Herbal Soup

Came here for dinner with sister and brother-in-law one evening. I was thinking parking would be a pain in the ass but it turns out there's parking available right across the road - but I wasn't driving so I didn't have to worry about it in any case :D

Despite the fact that this place is called Seng Kee Black Chicken Herbal Soup, most of the other dishes here are really good too. We were here for a normal dinner so ordered the more common home-style dishes.

The Steamed Promfret $28 was a decent size and quite fresh -


Ok, so you can't really see the size of the fish under all that stuff but it was a decent size :D All that stuff was kiam chye (salted vegetable), tau cheou (fermented soy bean) and chilli - might sound like an odd combination but it went brilliantly with the fish.

The Tofu with Chicken Floss $7 was also good -


The tofu was really soft and the chicken floss were a nice touch.

Something I loved when I was a kid was liver - yes, I was a weird kid :D. Used to eat it for dinner but haven't had it yonks! The Claypot Liver $9 came looking like this -


But I couldn't decide if it looks better all mixed up, like this -


So I put both photos up :) Yep, there's kidney in this too which I neatly avoided, but the liver was cooked to perfect doneness.

We also tried the La La $8 -


And Fried Long Beans $8 -


Which were both not bad.

Great food at very cheap prices, and ambience too - al fresco dining :D This place is always crowded, which speaks well of the quality of food. Come and try!!


Seng Kee Black Chicken Herbal Soup
467 Changi Road
Tel: 67464089
Operating Hours : 5 pm - 4 am

No comments: