Friday, March 14, 2008

Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles

I *heart* Bak Chor Mee (minced pork noodles) so I made a trip to try this famous one out. Would you believe they actually have a website??

Despite being there at 12pm, there was still a 20 minute wait... at least they are pretty organised - I hate stalls that get your order wrong. So I ordered the Dry Mee Kia with Chilli $4 :


I liked it! The noodles were cooked just right, there was just the right amount of vinegar in the sauce without being over-powering, and there was enough ingredients to go around. Worth the wait!

If you happen to notice, there's a saucer full of chilli padi on the tray. Anyone who has eaten with me is always horrified by how much chilli padi I can eat with a meal. Sometimes, I eat so much chilli padi that my mouth totally burns up and my eyes start watering...

I can trace this masochistic love for chilli back to my primary school days when I used to order a packet of fishballs ($1 for 5 small ones), fill the packet with sambal chilli and mixing the fishballs with the chilli until it looks like a scary red mess. After eating the fishballs, I would pour the remainder of the chilli into my mouth - yums! :D


Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle
Blk 466 Crawford Lane
#01-12
Tel: 6292 7477
www.taihwa.com.sg

No comments: