Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fosters Restaurant

My friends and I used to meet regularly for afternoon tea at Fosters when it was still located at the basement of Palais Renaissance... but since the restaurant moved to Holland Village, I've only had tea there once, so I wanted to try out this place again...

The Devonshire Cream Tea (served from 3 - 6pm daily) is great value for money. For $10.50++, you get two scones, two finger sandwiches, a slice of cake and your choice of tea or coffee.


I love the scones here... they are more cakey than what scones are supposed to be but goes so perfectly with the homemade strawberry preserves and fresh cream. The cake is usually banana cake which I'm not terribly fond of and normally give it away... and I remember the finger sandwiches being much better but it's still good.

Unless you're planning to skip dinner, I suggest sharing this with someone - it's just the right portion for two. The couple at the next table ordered one set each and were totally struggling to finish it.

The cozy ambience and comfy armchairs make it the perfect place for having traditional English tea-time snack and whiling away a lazy afternoon...


Fosters Restaurant
277 Holland Avenue
S278994
Tel : 6466 8939
www.fosters-restaurant.com

No comments: