Monday, August 20, 2007

The Garden Slug

Tucked away in a quiet neighbourhood in East Coast is this simple little cafe. They have a brunch menu and I was totally tempted to have "All Day Breakfast" which I pretty much have if it's on the menu. But in the spirit of trying new things, I forced myself to order something different...

And ended up having the Orange-glazed Pan-seared Buttermilk Chicken
Tender (boneless chicken glazed with a light, citrusy sauce) $13.90 -


Which was pretty ok but something about pan-fried chicken just gives me the impression of diet food - way too healthy. The mash was yummy though.

We had Bruschetta $4.50 to share -


And Auds had the Brazilian Lamb Chop (Marinated in wine & garlic, served with chunky mint pesto sauce) $16.90 -


Her exact words about it are "I finished them but I wouldn't remember them enough to want to go back again."

The food is pretty average, but prices are reasonable, and it's a nice place to chill and and spend a lazy weekend. A bit out of the way for me, but the Easterners might want to check out this place.


The Garden Slug
55 LOrong L Telok Kurau
#01-59/61 S425500
Tel : 6346 0504
www.thegardenslug.com

No comments: