Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dian Xiao Er

Chinese food was something I only used to have with family - until a few years ago, when I started going to tze char places and Chinese restaurants with friends. Never noticed this restaurant at Marina Square before, but saw an outlet at Vivo City and decided to try it out...

We ordered individual servings of Double Boiled Winter Melon Soup $6++ to start. It never fails to amaze me how much soup can cost, but having had soup every day while I was growing up, this is real comfort food to me...


Another of my favourite dishes which cannot be found all that often is Seafood Mee Suah $9++ so I jumped at the chance to order it when I saw it on the menu here. It was not too bad but I found it just a tad too oily.


One of their specialities is the Xiao Er Beancurd $6.80++. Always a very healthy meal when I'm eating out with S :)


The real speciality of this place is the Herbal Roasted Duck, but we weren't quite in the mood for duck so settled for the Hunan Chicken $9++ instead.


I don't know what Hunan Chicken is supposed to taste like, but this tasted a lot like Thai-style chicken. That said, I did finish up most of it while S looked on in amusement :P

A good alternative to the usual Crystal Jade or Imperial Treasure - mid-priced and tasty. The downside, there's always a queue so be prepared to wait at least 15 mins during peak hours. Hmm, must remember to come back here to try the Herbal Roasted Duck...


Dian Xiao Er
1 Harbour Front Walk
#02-137/138 Vivo City
S098585
Tel : 6376 9786
www.dianxiaoer.net

No comments: