Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Spize The Makan Place

Read about the Chicken Masalah Murtabak here some time ago and I've been dying to try it for a while now... so when someone suggested going to Spize for supper, I was definitely up for it :)

My main grouse about prata is similar to that of mee goreng - the lack of meat (see previous post)... that's why I always end up having murtabak whenever I go to a prata place. For those who are as carnivorous as I am and love a good meaty murtabak, have to try the one here.


The Chicken Masalah Murtabak ($5) is really good - brimming with pieces of spicy masala chicken, the prata is crispy and the curry is delish! Huge huge portion - as all murtabaks usually are - so I ended up picking out all the chicken bits instead of eating everything... and no, I did not eat the whole thing by myself :P


We also ordered the Cheese & Mushroom Roti John but I didn't try it. It originally came with meat in it and they were nice enough to do it over without meat so that our vegetarian friend could eat it. Extra points for good service!

This place has a huge menu including tze char dishes which I can't wait to try the next time I come here. The only thing that bugs me about this place is the parking - parallel parking right in front of the stall, with tons of people watching you... too stressful!

Spize The Makan Place
409 River Valley Road
S248307
Tel : 6734 9194
Opening Hours : 6pm - 6am

3 comments:

Joe Yap said...

Hmmm.. *makes mental note to try making roti john at home one day*

Can I suggest something ? Try not using the flash. Increase your shutter speed so that the food looks brighter. Or a mix of both (increased shutter speed with flash)

Esther said...

Oh yeah, it has occurred to me that I need to improve my photo taking skills :)

Thanks for the advice... erm, now I just need to figure out how to do the things you suggestd - I guess looking for the instruction manual would be a good start :P

Anonymous said...

Ok i have been told i need to put a comment. I was here the roti john was good esther didnt want to eat it cause got no MEAT !!! ahhaha