Monday, July 17, 2006

Jerry's @ Jalan Kayu

I was supposed to eat at Sunset Grill on Saturday night... but I called on the way there to try to make a reservation, and was told that there were no available tables! If you ever want to eat there on a weekend night, remember to make reservations in advance... so we ended up going to Jerry's at Jalan Kayu instead. Not that there's anything wrong with Jerry's - it's definitely on my list of all time favourite restaurants...

We weren't particularly hungry, so instead of each ordering a main course, we ordered lots of appetizers and shared a slab of ribs instead.


Love the Buffalo Wings here! Erm, I only remembered to take the photo after we had started eating... hence the messy plate and missing wings - it was originally an order of half a dozen wings *embarrassed*. At least it's not a photo of bones :) There are three levels of "hot-ness" - Smoking, Intensi-fire and Chef's Challenge. We thought we'd play safe and go for the lowest level. Finger lickin good! And hot without being a torture. At Sunset Grill the levels are from 1 to 10 and the level 3 was a real torture to eat... even for me.

We also had the Deep Fried Mushrooms but I forgot to take a photo of it. One of the best places in Singapore to have deep fried mushrooms. The last time I had it, it was a take-away order so it was all soggy by the time I ate it... so I was quite happy to have it fresh from the kitchen this time - crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Ok ok, to be perfectly honest, I was so eager to eat it that I kinda burnt my mouth...


Ribs are a must have at Jerry's. We ordered a full slab of BBQ Baby Back Pork Ribs. The ribs here are really good - the meat just falls right off the bone. The meat is super tender and each bite has just the right amount of flavour.

Other dishes that we ordered were the Steamed New Zealand Mussels in Wine and the Sauteed Mushrooms - both were quite delicious too!

Forgot to keep the bill so I can't remember how much each dish cost - but at least there are photos :P

Jerry's BBQ & Grill
227 Jalan Kayu
Tel : 64840151

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow, you actually went out, was feeling kinda slow up till saturday evening, at last vodka hangovers are not as painful as the beer ones.

i chope you for the korean bbq restaurants.

auds

Esther said...

I didn't drink much that nite lah... ended up clubbing till 2am on Saturday nite too :P