Monday, July 13, 2009

Tatsu Sushi (revisited)

Apologies for the silence - I've had trouble uploading photos the last two weeks. Decided to try today and it works! Yay! So back to the regular programming...

Gerry, Daphne and I met up for Daphne's birthday in May and I suggested this place for dinner. This was one of the first places I blogged about :)

We ordered the Omakase again but it's a much smaller one -


Hmm, my current phone actually takes worse pictures than the phone I had 3 years ago! The sushi itself was not too bad, but not fantastic, and it definitely didn't impress in terms of the presentation.

The birthday girl requested for urchin so we ordered this -


Erm, I didn't try any - it's totally not my thing.

And we also ordered some Tempura to share -


The food here is generally quite good, and the restaurant is small and has a nice quiet ambience so it's a good place to have dinner and catch up with friends. Just be prepared to spend a little more money than usual :)


Tatsu Sushi
30 Victoria Street
#01-16 CHIJMES
Tel : 63325868

2 comments:

ididitthisway said...

hihi "long-lost" cousin! =)))

have you checked out ootoya at orchard central yet? 1/2 hr wait last friday for lunch but hey. i was literally thinking of the next meal ( i will be eatin there) before i was done!

and no. i didnt eat at ootoya when i was in tokyo last dec

Joe Yap said...

Urchin!? Must be a maternal-instinct thing.. Oh wait.. you meant SEA urchin..

Is this the place with the tuna belly that dissolves as soon as it hits your tongue? If so, I would suggest it's in the top 3 best sushi places I've ever eaten.

"little more money than usual" is understatement. Try orders of magnitude involving mortgages and first-born children.

Ok. I jest. about the Urchin. I would eat it just to try it once. Especially on fear factor.