Sunday, June 14, 2009

Da Mario Pizzeria

I have the occasional carb craving which has to be satisfied with pizza and/or pasta, and it was one of these occasions when I tried this place at Robertson Quay. This place has grown from a hole in the wall restaurant to a relatively big outfit. I remember reading quite a few good reviews about this place when it first opened and was quite curious if the quality was sustained even with the expansion.

To satisfy part 1 of the carb craving, we ordered the Pizza Primavera (tomato, cheese, capsicum, artichoke, button mushrooms, olives) $17++ :


It was a decent pizza... I'm not a fan of olives but big pieces are easy to pick out so no complaints. The artichokes were a nice touch. This pizza was thin-crust, just the way I like it.

To satisfy part 2 of the carb craving, we also ordered one of the specials - Pumpkin Ravioli with Gorgonzola sauce and Truffle $18++ :



This was surprisingly yummy - I liked the sauce so much that I tried to wipe up as much of the sauce as I could :) Gorgonzola definitely is an acquired taste but this one wasn't too sharp. The truffle, despite the huge chunks, did not have a strong taste - I guess it was cheap stuff. But it all went together really well.

Ambience was nice, but service left much to be desired. Took forever to get their attention for anything. Not a bad place to have dinner if you are in the area but don't eat here if you have no time or patience for spotty service.


Da Mario Pizzeria
60 Robertson Quay
#01-05/06 The Quayside
Tel: 6235 7623
www.damariopizzeria.com

1 comment:

Joe Yap said...

Like men's cardigans, I don't understand artichokes. No taste, no thickness or texture... why do we eat them ?!

Also, happy 3-year-blogging-versary !
I just scrolled back to ur earlier posts.

As a certain dj affectionately known in hokkien circles as "ah bui san" named his landmark album, "you've come a long way baby"