Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wild Rocket @ Mount Emily

I have been here once before, about 2 years ago when this place first opened... the food was not as memorable as the fact that the waitress spilled a Lychee Martini on me and I felt icky all through lunch :S Have not been back here since, not that I was avoiding it or anything - was meeting Gerry and Meips for dinner and this seemed like a nice venue for a "Girls Nite Out" Dinner.

We ordered two starters to share - Roast Pumpkin & Feta Salad $11.50++ :


and Deep Fried Tofu $9.50++ :


I quite liked the Roast Pumpkin & Feta Salad but I hardly ever not like any salad with rocket leaves. The roasted pumpkin was yummy. The Tofu was just ok, nothing special about it.

For the main course, I had the Soft Bone Pork Risotto $23.00++ :


Ok not quite what I expected... the soft bone was edible! The risotto itself was a little on the salty side but totally filling. Could barely finish it. Would probably not order it again though - the soft bone is really not my thing.

Gerry had the Crabmeat Linguini $19.80++ which is one of their famous dishes :


which was interesting - the sauce was very much like chilli crab sauce. I had a taste of it and quite liked it.

Meips had the Stuffed Quail $29.00++ :


I was kinda expecting a whole quail (with head and wings and all) but thank goodness it ended up like this instead. It was filled with ham if I remember correctly - which made it a very filling main course too. It was quite a meat fest :)

Girls cannot get together without having dessert... so of course we ordered two to try - Dark Lava Chocolate Gateau $10.00++ :


and their famous Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake $9.80++


The chocolate cake was baked well - with just the right amount of chocolate oozing out... and I just love how the strawberry cheesecake is served in a martini glass - more for the novelty and presentation than anything else, coz it's quite a pain to eat from.

The food was consistently good, with some interesting creations that are worth trying... Service was much improved from the last time I was here (the waiter was very earnest about filling up our glasses of water).

A nice place for a Girl's Nite Out or a romantic dinner :)


Wild Rocket @ Mount Emily
10A Upper Wilkie Road
S228819
Tel : 6339 9448
www.wildrocket.com.sg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do they still have the pandan panna cotta? That's my favourite dessert from WR. Apparently the recipe is from the owner's mum!