Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mayim Chinese Cuisine

Had a late lunch here with Mum. We had plenty of attention from the wait staff, but that might have been because we were there when it was near empty - but admittedly there were still a few other people there. Only Singaporeans eat at all times of the day :)

The menu is really extensive, but I settled on an old favourite - Braised E-fu noodle with shredded mushroom $8.50++ :


It wasn't too bad, but I will never understand why something so simple and with so little ingredients cost that much...

Mum had the Noodle with Stewed Beef Brisket in Soup $6.30++ :


Didn't have a chance to try it but it looked good :)

I ordered the Sauteed Sliced Fish Garnished with Ginger, Scallion and Dried Sliced Garlic $8.00++ :


I loved this! The garlic slices were fried perfectly - I'm not normally a garlic fan but sliced garlic I love :) The fish was also quite fresh, making this a very worth it dish.

We both ordered Mango & Pomelo Sago $3.50++ :


This was ok but I wished it had more chunks of mango.

The food here was surprisingly good, considering it's way out in the heartland, and it's the one and only outlet. Very extensive menu, and based on my mum's feedback, most of the stuff is good. And seeing how it's reasonably priced, this place it worth a try. If you happen to be in Bukit Batok :P


Mayim Chinese Cuisine
1 Bukit Batok Central Link
#02-04 West Mall
Tel: 6794 1590
www.mayimfood.com

No comments: