Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Picotin

Haven't been blogging for ages - partly coz of all the stupid computer issues (couldn't upload pictures). Today is one of those days when it's miraculously working so here I am. Just a short post this time.

Was here with some girlfriends on the National Day weekend (yes, backlog of posts as usual) but we were too late for breakfast so ended up ordering a main. I ordered the Seared Tuna Steak -


The waiter asked me how I wanted my tuna steak done, which I was totally confused about (and he had to ask me twice) coz isn't it the chef who decides how "seared" the tuna steak is?? So I mumbled "medium well" and the tuna steak came pretty much cooked right through. Not quite the light and healthy meal that I originally wanted... The eggplant mush that the tuna steak was sitting on was lovely though!

Now that I'm blogging about this, I did a quick google and found that you actually are supposed to decide how done the tuna steak is. Oh well, so I'm a plebeian :D

The service here wasn't great - they weren't very helpful and got orders mixed up. A friend has actually witnessed the manager shrieking at the staff in full view of customers... nice atmosphere though, with the stables nearby. Not that keen on coming back.


Picotin
100 Turf Club Road
Singapore 287992
Tel: +65 6877 119
www.picotin.com.sg

No comments: