Thursday, January 15, 2009

Joyus Pastries

A thousand apologies for such a long long absence! Been busy and haven't had time to blog but still determined to keep to it :D

In the spirit of the festive season, I decided to blog about my favouritest almond cookie which is available all year round but I try to restrict myself eat it to just during Chinese New Year -


The almond cookie from Joyus Pastries are absolutely... joyous! Ok, enough corniness... but this cookie is seriously "can't just stop at one" amazing. At nearly $10 it's not cheap but I feel it's worth every cent. I also have the tendency to drag it out for quite a while - am incredibly disciplined about not eating too many at one go. Erm, it's usually more than one but less than five :D

I used to buy it from a pushcart in Raffles Place but they now have a shop at the Tanjong Pagar MRT station. Heard the pineapple tarts are really good too so will try to make time to go and buy some soon...

3 comments:

Joe Yap said...

Err. five a mouthful ? a second ? what's the rate we're talking about here ?

I have the same problem with Kueh Bangkit (those white powdery cookies). I could kill myself eating them.. literally.

Also, re: biscotti. You know.. I always thought they were some form of stale bread. Never really thought about 'fresh' biscotti. :D

Esther said...

five at one go lah, actually i try to keep it to three. a rule i practiced just mins ago :D

Kathleen said...

Came across your blog after google searching Joyus Pastries to see if they have a website for online shopping.

I'm from Australia and went to Singapore for holidays last week.. Tried these almond cookie and found out that they are really fantastic!! I bought 4 of them to bring back to Aussie as souvenirs for my friends and i'm highly regretting it. I should have kept them for myself!! Because I'm practically CRAVING for it now~~

Maybe if you pass by the shop again, you should suggest them to sell them online and make sure they ship to Australia!! I can't wait to visit Singapore again..