Monday, August 25, 2008

Jia Xiang Kuching Restaurant (VivoCity)

Sorry for the long pause between posts - besides the fact that I'm adapting to a new routine, I've also encountered various technical difficulties :s Will do a quick one for now and hopefully be back in full force by next week.

It's been a while since the Kuching kolo mee fad hit Singapore, and I typically make it a point not to be a total Singaporean and eat whatever's popular (eg. I've never had a roti boy... ever...).

Wanted to try something new for lunch at Vivocity so decided to finally give Kuching kolo mee a try. I ordered the Kolo Prawn Mee $6 -


If you're wondering where the prawns are, they're sitting in the soup with the wantons :D Decent amount of ingredients - char siew, minced meat, veg, prawns and wanton... The noodles itself was pretty ordinary tho. The chilli is available in a container on the table - you add it yourself. It brought the whole meal up a level... but then for me, chilli improves every meal :)

Decent, but doesn't live up to the hype - seems to me that it's pretty much just wanton mee...


Jia Xiang Kuching Restaurant (VivoCity)
1 Harbourfront Walk
#B2-38 VivoCity
Tel: 6272 0000

No comments: